Deputy Nursery Manager
Peques Anglo- Spanish Nursery Schools
"Ofsted Rating Outstanding”
Are Recruiting a Permanent Full Time Deputy Manager.
“Our vision is a world where children are allowed to unlock their inner potential, flourish from within and lead the way …...”
Position start date: Negotiable
Deadline for application: Friday 27th April 2018
This post will suit someone who is passionate about education, who wants to carry on growing personally and professionally, our philosophy is based on getting the best from children & staff; someone who is a positive and a reflective person, learning from mistakes and has a leadership style based on responsibility as opposed to someone who engages in a blame culture managerial style. We are a setting of 70 children, 25 employees including Head Office. Our team is very diverse with a cosmopolitan feel (English, Spanish, South American & Chinese) where all of our teachers have a thirst to grow. We are searching for someone to complement the manager and be a good leader with great communication and organisational skills.
Here at Peques, we celebrate
- Equality & Diversity
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Promoting the welfare of children & unlocking their inner potential
- True passion for working with children
- International Nursery with English, Spanish & Mandarin as part of the curriculum
- Salary between £25 - £27k per annum dependent upon qualification and experience
- 4-Day week with long weekends twice a month (36-hour week)
- 28 days Annual Leave (including bank holidays) for a 4-day week
- Loyalty annual leave to be added to contractual
- Employer pension contributions
- Staff discount of 50% for childcare with free dance classes
- Free lunch daily
- Excellent Induction Process
- All trainings out of work hours given back in time in lieu
- Free optional shoulder & back massages once a month
- Free uniform is provided
- Xmas party & Team Building events paid for by the company.
- Strong support network from Head Office and other nurseries in the Group
- Employee appreciation with monthly treats/meals for the team
- Access to training courses and continuous professional development
- A minimum of Level 3 in Early Years Education or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience of working with the EYFS with a deep embedded knowledge
- 2 x References with one being from most recent Early Years employer
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Someone who considers herself/himself to be a leader, training based on leadership & management will be an advantage: although not essential
- Strong communication & organisational skills
- The ability to use initiative, be a creative thinker and think in a solution first approach.
- Be proactive and work in a reflective practice manner
- Excellent knowledge of OFSTED standards and EYFS requirements.
- To contribute to the company’s Policies & Procedures and ensure compliance of them
- Take the lead in the staff recognition programme and identify and suggest additional ways to increase/ maintain staff motivation
- Helping the manager to take overall responsibility for managing staff effectively, ensuring ratios are maintained throughout the setting at all times
Your role as Deputy Manager will include;
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- Ensuring a warm, safe & caring atmosphere for the children
- Monitor the completion of all the children’s developmental and observation records across the nursery and support Practitioners in ensuring these are of exceptional quality
- Leading the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery
- Support the Nursery Manager in the recruitment process, offering advice and feedback and supporting the decision making process
- Supporting the Nursery Manager with Office based duties including finances, new enquiries, marketing and recruitment
- Planning of curriculum with group colleagues in line with EYFS
Because of the nature of this job, it is necessary for an enhanced level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences.
We look forward to your application!