Dulwich Village Pre-school
Pre-school Assistant, South East London
Do you have a passion for working with children? Do you want to work in the middle of green fields and still be 15 minutes from central London?
If you like the sound of it, then we want to hear from you!
We are a registered charity which provides childcare for 2-5 year olds. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and has a passion for working with young children. Set in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Dulwich Village, we are a thriving pre-school, passionate about our work and committed to providing quality care. If you have the qualities below and want to join our team, then please get in touch.
Dates: Apply by Friday 27th April 2018 (Interviews 10th May 2018)
Post 1: Part-time hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9.15am-1.15pm
Post 2: Part-time hours are Monday 9.15am-1.15pm, Tuesday 9.15am-12.15pm, Wednesday 9.15am-3.15pm, Thursday 9.15am-12.15pm
Job Description: Pre-school Assistant
Responsible to: Pre-school Manager
Responsible for: None
Purpose of the job: To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
- To assist with the planning of the educational programme using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
To apply, or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.