Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Gumboots Community Nursery
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
Gumboots Community Nursery is a 71-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old. Located within East Dulwich, Southwark, Gumboots Community Nursery is ranked by Ofsted as an ‘Outstanding’ nursery in July 2016. It comprises of 4 rooms with 3 outdoor spaces for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year. Gumboots Community Nursery is part of the LEYF’s group of 37 nurseries with an exceptional reputation within the early years sector.
Gumboots Community Nursery Address: 171 - 173 Crystal Palace Road, London, SE22 9EP
We are currently looking for nurturing and inspiring nursery practitioner who is passionate and enjoys using the world around them bring to life exceptional learning experiences for the children.
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 including NNEB, NVQ level 3 (childcare & education), BTEC (childcare) or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old. You should understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- You are able to first and foremost get on the children’s level and encourage each of them to reach their full potential through means of new and exciting activities through understand children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- You will have the opportunity to promote and disseminate best practise and contribute to an inclusive environment and culture within the nursery.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Click Apply!