Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Playhouse community Nursery
Do you want to work within a strong team and flourishing environment? Do you want to work for a social enterprise who have an exceptional reputation in the sector? Is professional development important to you?
We are looking for experienced level 3 practitioners to join our Playhouse Community Nursery team in New Cross, South East London. Our playhouse nursery joined the LEYF family since the 13th of February 2015. Their last Ofsted inspection in October 2017 rated them as ‘Good’. Playhouse is a 51-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with a large outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
What do our staff say about working at Playhouse?
‘LEYF gives every employee an equal opportunity to flourish, teamwork/cohesion within the workplace, and diversity.
I feel that LEYF have listened to any input I have given. I feel that LEYF reward the staff as a whole, (if you want to take part) I feel strongly that the children will learn and enjoy their days at the nursery.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas, and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- Understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Understand how to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- Ability to use your initiative and able to work well within a team.
- A team worker and passionate about child care and development.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Click Apply!
Apply for Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Playhouse community Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly