Early Years Practitioner - level 3 - Noah's Ark Community Nursery
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner seeking a new role in Hackney? Do you want to work for a social enterprise who have an exceptional reputation in the sector? Is professional development important to you?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 practitioners to join our Noah's Ark Children’s Centre Nursery team. Our Noah’s Ark nursery joined the LEYF family on June 11th 2011, their last Ofsted inspection in November 2015 rated them as ‘outstanding’. Noah’s Ark is a 54-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with 2 outdoor spaces for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Noah’s Ark?
‘We are lucky at our nursery to have nice families where we have built up good working relationships with them. The parents feel secure and confident with leaving their children in our care. Also, they have enrolled their siblings and also gave good verbal recommendation to their friends. We also have a manager that does appreciate what we try to do and knows that we try to get everything done which is required.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas, and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- Understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Understand how to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- A team worker and passionate about child care and development.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!