Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Bird in Bush Nursery
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner seeking a new role in Southwark? Do you want to work for a social enterprise who have an exceptional reputation in the sector? Is professional development important to you?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 practitioners to join our Bird in Bush Nursery team. Our Bird in Bush nursery joined the LEYF family in May 2014, their last Ofsted inspection in September 2014 rated them as ‘good’. Bird in Bush is a 55-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with 2 outdoor spaces for the children and is open 55 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Bird In Bush?
‘The organisation as a whole is supportive, they have clear goals and values that makes them to strive to achieve and also gives us workers something to work towards. I love the children at LEYF, they are what makes my day and makes me want to go to work every day. I also like how staff follow up with their next steps of individual child/children. the leyf values are used daily in my baby room and that shows in our babies’ development and the happy and contented parents’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas, and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- Understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Understand how to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- A team worker and passionate about child care and development.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
(Please note that salary scale is dependent on your level of qualification)
Interested? Apply now!
Apply for Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Bird in Bush Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly