Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - Burgess Park Community Nursery Term Time Only
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner seeking a new role in Southwark? Do you want to work for a social enterprise who have an exceptional reputation in the sector? Is professional development important to you?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 practitioners to join our Burgess Park Community Nursery team. Our Burgess Park nursery joined the LEYF family in November 2015. This nursery has been registered by Ofsted but is still awaiting assessment. Burgess Park is a 63-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with an outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Burgess Park?
‘The diversity within staff from different back grounds and journey that have lead the staff to the roles provided by Leyf is amazing to see because each person brings something to the role and is always trying to do better to help improve on themselves and the nursery. You can see the impact Leyf nurseries has on the children, the progress made and how child centred the learning environments are which are amazing for the children.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas, and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- Understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Understand how to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- A team worker and passionate about child care and development.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!