The Pelican Nursery, Kennington SE11
We are looking for an enthusiastic and positive nursery professional to work in our pre-school nursery.
- We are looking for someone who is confident, caring and friendly
- Looking after children aged 2 years to 4 years old in our pre-school
- Someone who will enthusiastically take part in all planned activities for the children
- Supporting the children with early literacy and numeracy skills
- You will be a key worker to a specific group of children
- Responsible for liaising with parents on all aspects of their child's care and development and daily handovers
- Recording children's progress through carrying out observations and planning next steps to benefit them
Requirements of the role
- A positive attitude and good work ethic
- Clear communication with children and adults
- A good working knowledge of the EYFS
- Experience with planning activities, observing and evaluating the activities before coming up with children's next steps
- A level 3 qualification in childcare, level 2 may be considered
In return we offer you:
- A job within a vibrant and successful nursery in Kennington
- £1000 bonus on competition of a successful 6 month probation period
- Generous employee pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Salary starting at £16,500p.a. dependent on experience
The Nursery is open 50 weeks a year – closing for 2 weeks over the Christmas period. The role is 40 hours per week in shifts: either 8am – 5pm, 8.30am – 5.30pm or 9am – 6pm.
The Pelican Nursery is committed to bringing out the best in our employees, actively promotes professional development and, as an expanding business, offers potential for the right people to progress within the organisation.
For more information on our Company, please visit www.thepelicannursery.com