PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide and care for children under all circumstances and to undertake associated pastoral and administrative duties as well as other general responsibilities. To have at least 3 years experience with birth to 5 years and ability to perform room leadership.
- To uphold The National Standards.
- To ensure implementation of the Foundation Stage and Birth to Five Matters.
- Newsletter (every two months)
- Health and safety checklist (monthly)
- Organising and carrying out fire drill. (monthly)
- Showing prospective clients around nursery.
- Take leader of the room for planning and assessment and ensure continuity.
- Work with all staff to a professional standard
- Contact for - Social services – child places
- Letters re new clients and issue brochures.
- Maintaining staff: child ratios.
- Training issues for self and other staff.
- Following up overdue payments.
- Enrolling new starters.
- Named person for child protection.
- Setting up and maintaining a quality assurance scheme.
The Senior Practitioner must act as a role model for all other staff in your room and adhere to all responsibilities as given in the job descriptions for Nursery Practitioners.