Willows Pre-school is looking for two Housekeepers. The new Housekeepers will bring with them enthusiasm, passion and warmth, with the purpose of keeping our environment clean, and healthy, taking care of the children's intimate care needs.
The environment at Willows helps children develop the qualities and characteristics that go beyond academic success.
Do you want to work in a professional environment which provides fresh, organic staff meals daily and be offered ongoing, funded CPD opportunities? Willows staff are given a generous uniform allowance to meet the uniform guidelines. Willows’ staff benefit from the family orientated atmosphere in the setting, working alongside educated, likeminded professionals.
If you think you fit this criteria then we want to hear from you!
To take responsibility in maintaining the nursery & ensuring that the premises is tidy and clean at all times
To be responsible for providing a tidy and accessible resources/materials area/cupboard.
To take care of the children’s hygiene needs i.e. changing nappies and ensuring that the toilet areas are maintained and clean and encouraging all children to wash their hands after going to the toilet and before lunch & supper time.
To provide safe, high standard cleanliness and care for pre-school children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to contribute and to implement pre-school policies, and keep written logs of your daily responsibilities.
1. To take responsibility in maintaining the nursery ensuring the premises is tidy and clean, involving light and deep cleaning duties, and documenting this with appropriate written records
2. To be responsible for providing a tidy and accessible resource classroom/area/storage cupboard(s).
3. To help and support in providing weekly/daily cleaning/nappy changing charts and other paperwork in junction to your role.
4. To assist staff in the sleeping room, reading a story to the children, helping them falling asleep calmly.
5. To take care of the children’s hygiene needs i.e. changing nappies, ensuring all children’s/ adult toilets are maintained and clean daily and encouraging all children to wash their hands after going to the toilet before breakfast/snack/lunch/supper times. To also ensure that all records are accurately maintained, e.g. daily toilet cleaning charts, weekly resource/toys cleaning charts and children nappy charts.
6. To support the lead person for child protection in the pre-school and to ensure that any child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately, reporting this to your manager/deputy manager or a senior member of staff in their absence.
7. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
8. To liaise with the management committee, or pre-school proprietor, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required.
9. To contribute to and to implement all pre-school policies and procedures, particularly those on safeguarding, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
10. To be able to work shift patterns as required by the needs of the company, including conducting duties before and after opening of the preschool, and possible weekends when there are no children on site.
11 To plan ahead and prepare orders for cleaning products and supplies before they run out