At Seahorses we're passionate about childcare and our staff. We pride ourselves in our professionalism and promote the professional development and the well-being of our staff members who we value. This is demonstrated in our
Staff Incentive Scheme:
- Company Pension
- Staff Bonuses £££
- In-house training paid for by Seahorses
- Employee of the Month
- Competitive Salaries offered dependent on qualifications and experience
- Approachable and Open-door policy of management
Salary to be discussed at interview
We require the candidate in the Nursery Manager's position to be:
- Qualified to Degree Level or Equivalent in Childcare
- Previous experience is essential
- First Aid and Food & Hygiene certificates are desirable (If not, Seahorses will provide the training)
The following outlines the main essential skills and qualities, as well as those which are desirable.
Childcare Skills Desirable/Essential:
- Experience with children 0-5yro in all age ranges (min 3 years)
- Supervisory experience (at a Senior Level)
- Group care experience
- NNEB, NVQ Level 3, or equivalent
- Safeguarding Training and Experience
- Good practice in and awareness of equality issues
- First Aid training
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Awareness and good practice in Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of working with outside agencies such as SEN, SLT
- Good Communication Skills
- Good health
- Fit Person
- Energy and Enthusiasm
- Good grooming and personal hygiene
- Sense of humor
- Personal maturity
- Ability to work with other people
- Positive outlook on life
- Passion and Enjoyment of working with children
- Understanding of the needs and expectations of working parents
- Ability to use a computer
Responsible to: The Director
Main Responsibilities: To have overall responsibility and commitment in the running and development of Seahorses Day Nursery. To plan how early years education and childcare will be developed and expanded.
1) To supervise other members of staff working in the Nursery including all aspects of staff welfare, rotas and cover.
- Check all the staff Qualification:
- DBS -Suitable person
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Training and Development
- Other workshop Observation
- Child Protection
- Curriculum: EYFS
- Special Education Needs
- Equal Opportunities
- Behaviour Management
- Risk Assessment
- Fire Drill
- Check staff read their policies and sign
- Rota; lunches, back, front garden, tea preparation and cleaning
2) To ensure the children’s health, welfare and safety while they are at the Nursery.
Every morning: Risk Assessment – Garden are set up for the day – Who’s on the Breakfast Rota – Check each room ratio.
3) To manage the forward planning and organisation of the Nursery.
Every Thursday check each room planning makes sure we have resources and Children’s observation are completed
4) To ensure that the Nursery is keeping to the registration requirements and any other requirements.
5) To communicate with parents and staff in a professional manner and resolve any worries or problems effectively.
All staff should speak to parents in a proper manner.
- To organise a monthly staff meeting. Monthly planning Senior/ Room leader meetings
- To carry ensure Risk Assessment coordinator carries out regular fire drills and keep accident records.
- To keep a daily staff and child register.
- To carry out any correspondence between the Nursery and parents, or such other organisations as may be necessary.
- To be confident in conveying correct information and arranging a suitable time for potential customers to visit the nursery when enquiries are made.
- To be able to receive fees and answer enquiries about fees from potential and existing customers.
- To maintain the waiting list for the Nursery and manage its admissions policy.
- To carry out risk assessments on a weekly basis.
- To deal effectively with complaints from parents.
- To keep up-to-date records of any payments made for supplies or Nursery equipment.
- To organise special events at the Nursery such as festive celebrations (British values)
- Any other such responsibilities as may become necessary over time, and are agreed between yourself and the proprietor
Apply for NURSERY MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly