We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our welcoming and passionate team. In the first instance this is to provide maternity cover but has strong potential to lead to a permanent position for someone successful within the role.
Muddy Boots is a thriving 100 place nursery providing care and early education for children aged 3 months - 5 years. We have recently been voted the ‘Best Nursery in York’ in the Little Vikings Awards and are currently rated as No.1 nursery in York by parents on daynurseries.co.uk.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Nursery Manager you will be responsible for:
- The overall operation of the nursery with support from an Admin/Finance Administrator, a highly qualified and experienced team of leaders and practitioners and the Nursery Owners.
- To manage and supervise the day to day running of the nursery to ensure outstanding standards of care and education are achieved and maintained.
- To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of children at all times.
- Supporting professional development within the entire team, conducting regular staff supervisions, monthly team meetings and staff appraisals.
- Ensuring a positive atmosphere in which the team feel valued and supported.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, children and outside professionals.
- Managing budgets
- Providing professional advice and guidance to practitioners, parents and outside agencies relating to all aspects of child development.
Qualifications and Skills
As the Manager you must carry the nursery’s 3 Values; Love (genuinely loving the children in our care), Integrity (honesty and openness), Aspiration (to progress and improve our practice).
The right candidate will also;
- Be confident and competent within the role of manager.
- Possess outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Will be qualified with a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in a recognised childcare qualification
- Have management experience in running a private day nursery/ childcare setting.
- Have clear knowledge of current childcare law and legislation.
- Will be an inspiring and driven role model to all.
- Significant staff discount towards childcare fees at Muddy Boots (40% for Management Team)
- Many opportunities for additional training and experiences, both internally and externally
- A family-run company with many opportunities for progression
- Free hot meals
- DBS fully paid for by Nursery
- Free uniform
- Additional days off with years of service
- Frequent rewards and recognition for going 'over and above'
- Belonging to a friendly, thriving team building towards excellence
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly