Lead Product Researcher & Developer - Basic Skills Division (Primary)
Lead Product Researcher & Developer
Basic Skills Division (Primary)
Cosy are one of the leading developers of fresh new ideas for schools. We focus on the outdoor, the recycled and the natural, prioritising low carbon methods. We are continuously expanding our innovative range based upon the ideas and suggestions of educators.
Ideally we want someone who is currently teaching, whatever their stage in their career.
The job is full time based in our Derby office.
To work in our primary division as exciting and unique as the early years division. Check out the catalogue or website to get a flavour of what we do.
The type of person we need
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly creative – someone who likes inventing and making things, developing ideas and loves products.
- A quick worker – output is everything but who provides detail.
- Understands what quality learning and teaching is all about and can apply this to creating and developing useful, cost-effective products that educators really need.
- Someone who naturally thinks outside. Our strength is in outdoor and natural products.
- A positive, proactive communicator: talking, listening and writing
- A social media geek: you may blog or be active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. You are familiar with TES online, Twinkl and similar sites.
The job entails
- Developing new resource ideas: being inventive rather than the inventor.
- Comparing ourselves to competition.
- Choosing new suppliers products that are exciting for schools.
- Knowing a very good price.
- Writing teacher’s notes to support products.
- Writing copy and proofing.
- Specifying photographs and being part of photography.
- Shaping the ideas on a catalogue page and the direction of the business.
- You have to be sure you enjoy ‘product’ - roughly we look at 2500 ideas and products and deliver 800 a year (you don’t have to invent these ideas but to identify them and spec them)
- Action research
- Visiting schools for ideas
- Attending exhibitions and conferences to assess products
- Going to talks
- Reading journals
- Having fun
Interested? Want to know more? Send a copy letter your cv and salary expectation via the form below
Apply for Lead Product Researcher & Developer - Basic Skills Division (Primary)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly