Creative Arts and Crafts Teacher/Coordinator
Creative Arts and Crafts Teacher/Coordinator needed ASAP!
Pinner and Northwood Area.
Salary: Competitive wage offered to start 11th May 2018!!
This is a full-time/ part-time role working: Minimum of 30 hours per week (full time); 21 hours (part-time)
A newly set up Art and Crafts Activity Club with a Montessori ethos is looking to recruit a new member to join their team.
Our enthusiastic, lively, happy fun learning art activity based club catering for children from 1-11 yrs old is based in Pinner and Northwood area.
Our fun-filled led activities are designed within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) of the Department of Education’s framework to help support the areas of learning and development.
The activity club will operate Mon- Fri out of hours during term time and offer holiday packages with a choice of 1 and/or 2-hour sessions on a daily/weekly basis and looking to accommodate up to 30 children in any 1 session.
Will also operate 1 hour on Sat morning for the Saturday Club.
Communication, laughter and fun are the heart of all we do.
In addition to the out of school clubs, we will be providing a tailor-made service catering for art and crafts birthday parties, themed parties and individual workshops. Enthusiastic individuals would also work on weekends on a timely basis of 1-2 hrs each session to provide these extra services depending upon the demands and needs.
I am looking for an arts and crafts teacher and coordinator / or with an arts background to join and work alongside me and my team with a creative spark, who is energetic, driven, passionate, organized, enthusiastic with a cheery disposition and has a natural flare for creativity.
The ideal candidate should have a level of understanding of the EYFS framework.
- To help coordinate and run the art and crafts activity club.
- To assist in daily planning, preparing the activity-based curriculum with the team providing a unique and innovative arts and crafts programme for the children.
- To prepare the environment for each activity session and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of equipment used.
- Energetic and fast working individual to help set up and set down for each activity session with your fellow co-workers and be able to job share all the work maintaining the smooth running of the environment.
- Enthusiastic and organized with excellent communication skills and good use of initiative and creative spark.
- Able to demonstrate and employ a wide range artistic techniques and skills to suit the mixed age groups of children.
- To ensure that the children are cared for in a clean, happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- Upload content on Social Media channels to include, Facebook Page, Instagram, Hoop, to raise awareness and engage with customers.
- Oversee the marketing content for the website.
- Experience in website maintenance (would be an advantage) with managing and running the company’s website and potential online store.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the environment and fulfilling the personal care needs of the child.
- Help in maintaining and safeguarding the welfare of the children.
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment consistent with health and safety standards.
- To work in partnership with the parents.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Has a strong background in Art and Design.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Experience working with children and young people.
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Flexible, team player willing to take on various tasks as required.
- Updated CV and portfolio of artwork.
- An up to date Enhanced DBS police check.
- Ideally, hold a 12-hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- The right to work in the UK.
- A clean, valid driving license (necessary).
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet these criteria and would like to apply for this exciting position, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV as soon as possible.