Purpose of the job:
To provide a safe, stimulating and caring Early Years learning environment for children aged 3 months to 5 years and to work in partnership with the Manager, Deputy Manager and Room Leader to promote and maintain high standards of professional outstanding practice.
Your duties to include:
- Working in partnership with and supporting the Team to ensure the daily running and administration of the base you, to which you work in, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Supporting, assisting and implementing with planning of activities in a designated area of the nursery.
- Liaising with the Room Leader in organising staff, the rooms environment, communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the nursery.
- Consistent and clear communication between parents/carers.
- Attending regular meetings
- Maintain a high standard of learning, stimulation and continuity within your base room.
- Providing an outstanding role model for Nursery Practitioners and Students.
- Providing feedback to the Room Leader on any issues relating to the nursery day.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed. (promoting diversity)
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Room Leader.