Parent & Child Group Leader (Part Time)
Parent and Child Group Leader – Norbiton, Kingston upon Thames
StaffBank Recruitment are working with a Charity working in the Kingston community, located in Norbiton, who is seeking a Parent and Child Group Leader on a Part time basis.
A bit about the project:
The charity is developing and launching a new pilot nursery school to achieve this vision in the vicinity of Norbiton, Kingston upon Thames. The project will use a combination of child-first pedagogical approaches, adopting elements of Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Steiner and Forest School theories and will focus on holistically supporting the wellbeing of the children and their carers. It will provide the model for future development of the concept, rolling out to older age ranges and further locations.
The Parent and Child Group leader would be responsible for the following:
- Planning a weekly programme of engaging activities for children and their carers in line with the future Nursery offering, developing written lesson plans and curriculum plans for future use in line with Steiner, Montessori and Forest School principals and with links to the EYFS, and with appropriate milestones for measuring development.
- Assist the project team in sourcing and maintaining suitable toys & equipment for the Parent & Child Group, and personally making/crafting some toys and decorative room materials (Felting etc).
- Assist the project team with promoting the Parent & Child Group locally.
- Be responsible (with assistance) for the collection of equipment, set up of room, and clear up after the Parent and Child Group.
- Collect anecdotal information to review activity, gauge reception, and assist with developing future activity.
Develop paperwork required for the future nursery, including, but not limited to:
- Ofsted requirements
- DfE requirements
- Safeguarding documents
- Staff evaluation forms
- Entry forms for new starters at the nursery
This is a part time & permanent position, 15-20 hours per week (with scope to develop further for the right candidate).
Exciting benefits include:
- £10,920 – £14,820 p.a (actual) depending on experience.
- Excellent perks and benefits **
- Additional Early Years training available
- Free parking
- Excellent Transport links
- Dedicated support from the Senior Management team
- Room for career progression
All candidates must have:
- An experienced Early Years teacher, familiar with the Early Years Framework, from a Montessori or Steiner background, and Early Years leadership experience. Will hold at least an NVQ Level 3, or Foundation Years BA or equivalent.
- A passion for, and dedication to, working with children and families and eliminating the achievement gap at an early stage.
- Excellent ability to form contacts with the community and with parents and carers. Experience working in communities and building networks, particularly where English is a second language.
- Experienced at designing and delivering creative and engaging lesson plans within an Early Years setting.
- A warm and friendly, approachable character.
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Hold a UK driver’s license and car (willingness to drive a hired van with equipment in).
** Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the Parent and Child Group Leader opportunity available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available **
We do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
StaffBank Recruitment Limited was founded in 2001 by Kim Hargie, Kim remains our current Director & has a very hands on approach to the business.
We are here to either find you that perfect Childcare position or supply temporary members of staff for your Early Years Nursery setting with the best candidates in the area.
Throughout the years we have built great relationships with our clients & supply staff to a number of settings, Private Day Nurseries, Local Authority, Hospital Day Nurseries, Creche’s, Early Years After School & Breakfast Clubs & much more. We are members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation & hold the Gold Standard for Recruiting in line with REC Audited Education.