Qualified Nursery Nurse
About the role
This is an exciting and fulfilling role that incorporates lots of variety. As a Nursery Nurse, you will spend your days looking after children from 3 months old, right up to pre-school age. You’ll ensure that the children have fun whilst being sensitive and attentive to their individual needs.
This role is open to those with an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, and we will also consider those with Level 2 or who are currently unqualified (only at some settings). We may be able to offer funded qualifications to a candidate who is looking to study. Full time (40 hours) and Part time (20 hours) considered. We are also looking for qualified bank staff.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working together with the rest of the team to provide high quality care for children aged 0-5.
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the nursery by adhering to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Using your knowledge, experience and imagination to come up with new ideas and activities.
- Building relationships with children and communicating well with their parents.
- Making sure every working day is fun!
You will need:
- Suitable qualifications: an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent. We’ll also consider Level 2.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, and the ability to refer to the EYFS Framework when planning activities.
- To be aware of the role of planning, observation and keeping records when caring for nursery aged children.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with children and meeting their needs.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- Free uniform Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay Staff bonus scheme
- Paid time off for dependants Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- Generous staff discounts available on childcare places for both you and a family member
- Excellent training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Apply for Qualified Nursery Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly