Senior Practitioner – Bromley, BR2 9SX
This is a permanent position
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Practitioner to join their lovely team and setting located in Bromley. Their setting is an all-day nursery and open all year apart from Christmas.
As a Senior Practitioner you will also be working alongside the Room Leader in the Toddler Room.
Job role: Senior Practitioner
Salary: £8.50 per hour (£17,600 per annum)
Hours: 40 hours per week
- With direction from the Room Leader to monitor and evaluate the delivery of activities on offer, to ensure they are interesting & varied and meet the developmental needs of all children attending the setting.
- To work alongside Room Leaders to develop a vibrant environment, that is well-stocked & equipped with suitable toys and play resources to reflect the multi-cultural society in which we live.
- To be a key person for a small group of children.
- To work in partnership with the parent/carer and the nursery team to ensure the children achieve their full potential.
- To ensure the children are offered a safe environment throughout their nursery day. Where appropriate give direction to other staff to maintain this.
- To record and maintain observations on the children’s play, behaviour and development using the information to support future planning and sharing the information with the parent/carers.
- To give guidance & support other nursery practitioners, sharing your knowledge to enable them to produce meaningful records.
- To be aware of children’s dietary needs and to follow any special arrangements explicitly.
- To maintain a suitable nursery routine whilst also considering the individual child’s needs.
- To work alongside the Room Leader to set timescales for the completion of 12 weekly review checks, 2-year checks and transition documents.
- To ensure that children’s work is displayed appropriately, and their achievements are acknowledged.
- To attend and participate in all day nursery meetings as required, including supervision, appraisal and parent/carer meetings and staff meetings.
- To raise any potential child protection concerns with the manager and or deputy manager.
- To be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the nursery.
- To contribute and implement nursery policies on equal opportunities, special needs, curriculum planning and any other operational policies.
- To respect confidentiality at all times, both written and verbal with the staff team and with parents/carers and outside agencies.
- To ensure all policies, practice, procedures and curriculum planning are delivered to reflect the diversity in our clients and consider the additional needs of each individual child.
- To be aware of the nursery’s policies on:
Health and safety
Accident recording and reporting,
Medication and illness
Fire procedures and evacuation
Emergency procedures and incident reporting
Staff code of dress
- To participate in staff development and attend appropriate training as required and suggested during staff supervision.
- To comply with all statutory requirements and policies.
- To attend out of hour’s staff meetings, parent’s evenings, open days and fund-raising events as required.
- To partake of any other duties within the nursery requested by the manager or deputy manager
- To contribute to the information available on the nursery web site and newsletters to parents.
What you need:
- NVQ Level 3 or Higher qualification
- A team player and good knowledge of the EYFS
- Enthusiastic, Trustworthy and Approachable
- Have effective Leadership Skills
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment ON 01775 729321 and quote AC1770 and ask for Lucy.
Apply for Senior Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly