Under 5's Coordinator
Kingsgate Community Centre Pre-School is currently seeking an experienced Under 5's Coordinator for its pre-school in North West London.
Kingsgate Community Association is a registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. It was initially set up in 1982 by a group of local people who wished to establish a community centre to provide low-cost activities to people who would not otherwise be able to access them. We currently offer around forty-five different services and activities including an OFSTED registered Preschool. We are able to do this through the receipt of an annual grant from the London Borough of Camden, fundraising activities through various Trusts and Charities, hiring out of centre spaces for functions and events and through public donations.
The candidate will manage and support the Early Years Practitioners, and Office in all aspects of their duties, encouraging growth and development for all parties. They will have the skills needed to provide a stimulating and varied programme of learning opportunities whilst ensuring the EYFS is being followed.
The safety and well-being of children under their care is top priority, and they will have up to date knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
· Supervision experience
· Minimum appropriate Level 3 qualification in childcare.
· Computer literate (word, excel)
· 3+ years experience in a child care setting.
· GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths.
· Knowledge of Ofsted requirements.
· Designated Child Protection Officer training.
· Paediatric First Aid.
· SENCo training.
· Knowledge of child portfolios
· Experience with term planning around EYFS.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Security and reference checks.
Based in Kingsgate Community Centre. Near to Kilburn & West Hampstead Stations.
Why Should You Apply?
● Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm
● Competitive pay
● Term time only
● Hands on Preschool situated inside a community centre, reaching out to those in need
● Great team support