Purpose of Post:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting.
- To give support to their staff within the setting.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep daily and weekly records of children’s development and learning journeys which are shared with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision is of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent events,etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery teaching assistance.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To take part in in house and external training and implementing within the setting.
Personnel Specification – Nursery Teacher
Education and Training
- Minimum of a relevant and recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence of ongoing personal development training
- Desire to continue with professional development
- SENCO Training
- Recent Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Experience in working with children
- Experience of working in an early years setting
- Experience of implementation of EYFS
- Experience of working in partnership with parents
General and Special Knowledge
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding, Childcare Act 2006
- Knowledge of Child Development and children’s needs
- Ability to work with parents/carers/families to encourage partnership working
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to write legibly
- Good presentation skills
- Possess a level of general computer literacy with a range of IT skills
- Good organisational skills Ability to demonstrate creative abilities
Any Additional Factors
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities
- Awareness of Health & Safety and practical Hygiene issues
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary