Nursery School Teacher
Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment are currently in search of a Nursery School Teacher (QTS or NQT qualification) to work as part of an ‘outstanding’ nursery group in Wimbledon.
As a Nursery School Teacher, you will be expected to provide high quality care and education to the children and promote good practice at all times by serving as an example for other members of staff. You will be expected to apply previous experience and knowledge in getting the Nursery School children ready for their transition to school.
- Planning the curriculum for the Nursery School children.
- Overseeing Early Years Practitioners training and assessment.
- Leading the morning program and all staff from 9 – 11:45 am during term times
- Effectively support both small and large groups of children e.g. within daily focus groups and Booster groups
- Ensure that observations and assessments are regularly and correctly completed and maintained
- be able to lead and mentor staff members with dedication and enthusiasm
- communicate effectively with all parents and give them daily feedback in regards to their child’s development
- Lead planning meetings to ensure that the classroom set up and weekly activities support the week’s objectives, along with the completion of risk assessments
- Organise events for the children and parents throughout the year e.g. summer trips, Christmas fairs and graduation.
- Lead the transition process from the nursery to school for each child and liaise with the relevant schools/agencies
- A QTS or NQT qualification
- Overseas candidates must have their qualifications approved by NARIC
- Able to work from 8am – 1pm Monday – Friday during term times only
- Strong knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding practices
Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
**All internal staff at Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **
Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the opportunities available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available.