2 days left
- Contract Type
Position: Safeguarding Officer
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Location: Can be to work from home but will be floating across; Beckenham (2 sites), Orpington, Shirley (Croydon), Sydenham, Catford, Lee and Greenwich (2 sites).
Little Elms DayCare Nursery and Pre-Schools are recruiting for a Safeguarding Officer to work alongside the Directors.
You will be supporting a growing group of 9 nurseries, which are located in the following locations;
Beckenham (2 sites), Orpington, Shirley (Croydon), Sydenham, Catford, Lee and Greenwich (2 sites).
As a Safeguarding Officer you’ll be responsible for the effective operations of the safeguarding service on a day to day basis, you’ll also provide key support to the operational activity.
Some of the core duties of a Safeguarding Officer is listed below:
- Drawing up and enforcing the company’s safeguarding policy.
- Being alert to and recognising welfare issues, being sure to challenge poor practice.
- Sharing appropriate information with relevant people.
- Making referrals to social services when appropriate.
- Continue working with the family, sharing information and contributing to plans if the concern is investigated.
- Ensuring that all staff having contact with children, vulnerable adults and/or their families have received appropriate training on safeguarding issues.
- Being the first point-of-call for all staff who have safeguarding concerns.
- To be committed to the safeguarding of service users and staff in the company.
- To keep informed of current legislation, statutory and other guidance with regards to safeguarding, child and adult protection, cascading the information accordingly.
- To attend internal safeguarding related meetings.
- To input into the design of safeguarding systems, policies and procedures.
- To implement best practice in relation to safeguarding
- To provide expert advice to Directors, management and operational staff on Quality Assurance Systems and activities.
- To be responsible for scrutinising and monitoring our operational activity, with a view to ensuring compliance with, and the exceeding of, the standards required by current legislation, regulation and practice standards.
- To be responsible for monitoring outcomes against inspection criteria and ensuring that information is fed-back to improve service delivery to meet timescales.
The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties you’ll be required to adhere to, you will also be expected to perform different task as necessitated by your changing role with the organisation.
* Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the Safeguarding Officer opportunity available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available *
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references *
**Little Elms Daycare Nurseries are an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Apply for Safegaurding Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly