Head of Early Education
Head of Early Education
1st Place is an established provider of early education and Children’s Centre services in the north of the London Borough of Southwark. Our nursery provision is based across three sites, and are rated Outstanding and Good by Ofsted. We are looking for a highly experienced Early Education professional to lead team of committed and experienced Early Education Managers;
- to ensure the approach to Early Education influenced by Reggio Emilia is embedded and maintained within the early years curriculum at 1st Place.
- to create a consistent culture in which all staff have a full understanding of children’s learning and development and where they work together and with parents to produce an environment that both supports and challenges, where children flourish, and where the outcomes sought by Ofsted’s framework are achieved.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of care and early learning for our children as well as developing, nurturing and training our employees.
Our nurseries and Children’s centre services are well regarded by our local authority, and we work with them to support all children in our community.
On each site we provide 50 full time and 32 part time places for children accessing the 15 and 30 hour free early education entitlement/offer.
We offer an attractive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- 6% employer pension match scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Lunch scheme
What does 1st Place stand for?
1st Place is a charity and our aim is to give local parents and children the greatest possible chances in life. We do this through the provision of;
● Innovative, high quality early learning experiences for young children;
● Training, volunteering and employment opportunities for local parents and other residents;
● Support for the regeneration of the local community in order to contribute to long-term social and economic stability.
1st Place Children and Parents’ Centre also aims to nurture a community culture that celebrates our diversity; a culture that models respect and support for young children and families as well as caring for the environment. 1st Place aims to support the ongoing growth and development of individuals and groups within the local community.
As we are a charity, founded to support the local community, any surplus funds are invested in services to support the improvement of families’ lives.
1st Place is located in SE5 and SE17 and is easily accessible by public transport; our closest stations are Elephant and Castle, Kennington, Oval, Denmark Hill and Queen’s Road Peckham.
Bus routes 343,136 and 42
If you feel you share our values and vision, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Alternatively, this can be found below along with the job description