Bright Horizons Day Nurseries, awarded “Great Place to Work” for 13 years are currently recruiting for a Nursery Manager to join our nursery in Hinxton.
As a Nursery Manager working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
93 % of our employees agree that “When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride”
Your role as Nursery Manager will include;
• Recruit suitable people, encouraging a diverse workforce. Induct, support, and train all staff to ensure a high quality childcare practice
• Support staff retention and team building through effective communication, succession planning and team engagement
• Lead the promotion of parent partnership by developing a parent advisory committee to facilitate communication, share information, and allow parent input
• Have a child centred approach to the running of the service, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests
• Daily management and monitoring of all health and safety practices and progress checks
• Understand the importance of keeping everybody safe and act as a designated person for safeguarding children
• Deploy staff effectively to maintain staffing ratios in accordance with statutory regulations and budgets
• Administer, maintain, monitor and report on all relevant finances
• Encourages an environment of continuous professional development including a commitment to update own knowledge through a range of sources
Essential Skills and Experience Required;
• A full and relevant level 3 qualification or above
• Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly
• Previous Nursery Management experience in relevant settings.
• Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
• Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques. Project positively the organisations goals, philosophies and policies to parent, staff, and the community.
• Motivate, inspire, and lead a team, encouraging team effort. Provide coaching and mentoring. Able to manage the performance of others and succession plan
• Able to be a competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills.
• Demonstrate good financial acumen with the skills to manage budgets
• Able to manage workload and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.