Deputy Nursery Manager
Deputy Nursery Manager at Tinies Northwood
Are you looking for a new challenge that combines childcare with management?
Do you enjoy getting involved in all aspects of Nursery life and relish solving problems?
Do you hold a level 3 childcare qualification or higher?
Are you looking for a full time role (40 hours per week)?
If so, Tinies Childcare has the perfect opportunity for you. As the operators of the Tinies Nursery (inside David Lloyd Northwood), we are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable candidate to join the team.
What we need
- We are looking for an experienced deputy manager with at least 2 years of experience.
- A candidate who demonstrates strong knowledge of the Ofsted framework and EYFS.
- A candidate who is familiar with and act to safeguarding and child protection regulations.
- A candidate who can assist the Nursery Manager with the day-to-day management for all staff, as well as building parent partnerships etc.
- A candidate who is able to assist with the responsibility of child safety and Health and Safety legislation.
- A candidate who can assist the Nursery Manager in monitoring and controlling all costs within the nursery, including meeting occupancy objectives.
- A candidate who can support the Nursery Manager with preparing the setting for OFSTED Inspections or any other Regulatory Body Inspection including any actions or recommendations.
- A candidate who has knowledge of Equal Opportunities Experience.
- A candidate who has excellent communication skills.
- A candidate who has a good knowledge of IT including Word and Excel.
What we would like like to see
- A candidate who is able to assist the Nursery Manager with staff training and development.
- A candidate who is able to work as part of a team in a child centred environment where the children are cared for in a safe, loving and stimulating way ensuring their individual needs are met within the group setting.
- A candidate who will ensure the safety, security and well-being of all children attending the setting, through indoor and outdoor supervision, meal preparation.
- A candidate who can familiarise themselves with and act according to, Safeguarding guidelines as set down by the local safeguarding board or Social Services.
- A candidate who is able to live our values and act as a brand ambassador.
The Tinies Northwood Nursery is open 5 days a week and provides a quality first class childcare service for children. The Nursery is open to David Lloyd members as well as members of the public. The Nursery can cater for 71 children and has access to activities within the health club such as swimming and tennis. This nursey boasts a long list of extracurricular lessons including languages and music.
Employees’ of the Nursery also get to enjoy access to the Fitness facilities as well as all our internal perks and benefits.
Applicants will need to show they have the right to work in the United Kingdom and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check and referencing checks.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful candidates.