Nursery Deputy Manager
Assistant Nursery Manager required
We are currently looking for an Assistant Nursery Manager to join one of our Toad Hall nurseries. You will need previous experience in Nursery Management/Leadership.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
An experienced manager with previous leadership experience, you’re a people person who can inspire and motivate everyone from employees to parents and children. In addition to your experience of marketing, people management and financial responsibility, you’ll be a charismatic Early Years practitioner with a sound knowledge of all aspects of child development. You’ll have at least an Early Years Level 3 qualification and will be well versed in Ofsted procedures.
About the role
We are currently looking for someone with proven leadership skills to join our team as an Assistant Manager. This full-time position would suit someone with excellent people and organisational skills who is looking for an exciting role in a great nursery. Working alongside the Nursery Manager on all aspects of running the nursery, the successful candidate will have an understanding of marketing and managing occupancy, along with an excellent understanding of the EYFS and the impact this has on quality in the nursery.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Ensure compliance with registration and legislative requirements, including any requirements outlined by Ofsted.
- Proactively engage with the children in the setting, taking an active role in their care, learning and development while at the nursery and supporting staff in all aspects of their role.
- Support in rooms as required to ensure compliance with the EYFS and meet the needs of the nursery.
- Take responsibility for quality and audits across the setting.
- Full involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Manage employment relations issues such as probation reviews, flexible working, grievances, attendance management and disciplinary issues.
- Support the Nursery Manager with the management of the nursery’s budget and occupancy.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
In addition to a full and relevant Level 3 qualification and DBS check, the ideal candidate will also have a higher childcare qualification and/or a management or leadership qualification. Please be aware that candidates who do not have the relevant experience will not be considered.
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places (50%) and discount for one family member too! Excellent training and development opportunities.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.