Nursery Room Leaders and Early Years Teacher
ONE WORLD NURSERIES
Vacancies: Nursery Room Leaders and Early Years Teacher
Location: South West London
Salary: Competitive (plus £1000 welcome bonus once completed probation)
One World Nurseries is situated in a vibrant, diverse and socially inclusive residential area of South London. The Nursery has been established since 2009.
We are currently recruiting for new passionate, reflective, knowledgeable, ambitious Room Leaders for our Toddler and Baby Room and a Qualified Early Years Teacher for our Preschool Room.
The Nursery is in close proximity to two mainline Underground Stations and one British Rail Station. The area has excellent transport facilities and a local high street, servicing numerous buses, travelling in and out of London.
The Role of a Room Leader/Early Years Teacher is very challenging. The right candidates will need the following to be consider for the positions available:
• Be committed to best practice and strive for excellence, to ensure that the needs are being met for each and every unique child. No child should be left behind.
• Ensure that the Safeguarding and Well-being of the children are considered at all times.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Be self-motivated and form positive professional relationships with parents/guardians, children, fellow staff members and outside agencies.
• Create a welcoming inclusive, child centred and enabling environment.
• Keep updated with current legislation and have in-depth knowledge of the EYFS.
• Be an excellent Role Model.
• Positively develop and the staff team by continuously raising the standards.
• Be flexible and adaptable to change and willing to develop your skills, by undergoing continuous training.
• Be assertive and proactive.
• Use your own initiative.
• Be enthusiastic, reliable, trustworthy and passionate.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Early Years Practitioner, to manage and lead a small team by demonstrating your leadership qualities.
• Minimum of 3 years solid experience required.
• Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Childcare.
• For the Early Years Teacher’s post, a QTS required.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Confident to deliver in training, staff meetings and produce accurate written reports and observations.
• Knowledgeable in Safeguarding and Health and Safety procedures.
The successful candidates will require experience at a Senior Level. You will also be required to lead and motivate your staff team. You will also be required undertake an Enhanced DBS check. To safeguard the welfare of the children, you are required to disclose any pending charges, convictions, bind over and cautions.
The post is therefore exempt from the provision of Sect 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Any failures to disclose any convictions which are ‘Spent’ will result in dismissal or disciplinary action.