Room Leader (MAT)
Room Leader (MAT cover)
We are currently seeking people who are passionate about childcare to join our team of staff as a Room Leader. Our staff are essential to the smooth running of our nurseries and are valued members of the team; you will build relationships with children and parents and be involved fully in nursery life.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations
About the role
The Room Leader is responsible for the day-to-day running of their room and supporting the management team in leading the setting to ensure that high quality childcare is provided to all. This role profile is not exhaustive and the Room Leader is expected to fulfil any duty as required for the effective running of the setting.
You want a successful nursery group to invest in you. You want to work for a company who strive to make a difference in the children you care for. You want to be part of an innovative, creative and fun team.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working as part of a team and using your initiative and imagination to generate new ideas
- Using your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with parents, children and welcome visitors to the Nursery Looking after children of all ages
- Planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout supports these aims
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent
- A good understanding of the EYFS and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
- Awareness of planning, observing and record keeping for young children and the ability to link these to the individual child’s needs.
In return we provide:
- Free uniform Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Staff bonus scheme
- Paid time off for dependants
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- Generous staff discounts available on childcare places for both you and a family member
- Excellent training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Apply for Room Leader (MAT)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly