You’re going on a job hunt.
We want to recruit you.
What a great company to work for.
We can’t wait to meet you.
Position: Nursery Apprentice
Salary: £3.75 p/h rising up to £4.50 p/h after 3 month probation
Location: 1a Hook Road, Epsom, KT19 8TH
Hours: 40 - 41.25 hours a week
Perks: Employee of the month bonus, free training including your level 3 and 4, free uniform, free mobile phone insurance, ½ price cinema vouchers, food and drink vouchers and much more!
We are an award winning, organically grown family run company, looking for outstanding Nursery Apprentice’s. We are looking for wonderful people to join our inspiring team at Hook Road. We are well known for leading and nurturing our team through our amazing training program. If you are not just looking for a job but a new career come and join us!
Overview of the role
Fennies Day Nurseries are looking for the best people to become Apprentices. In conjunction with two training providers, Fennies offers outstanding candidates the opportunity to complete an Intermediate (Level 2 or Level 3) Apprenticeship in Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce within our growing chain of nurseries.
Courses are normally run for 13 months and Fennies pay above the National Minimum Apprentice Wage as well as offering other benefits, including a free meal in the nursery at lunchtime.
Successful candidates will develop experience in all areas of day to day nursery life and a sound knowledge of current good childcare practice in order to start a fulfilling career in childcare.
You will work alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery age range (3 moths-5 years) to develop your practical skills in caring for young children under the overall guidance of the Nursery Manager and a mentor within the setting.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, enhancing the environment with displays of children’s work, observing and record keeping of children’s development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and careers.
We are looking for people who have…
- The ability to relate and interact with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with parents, careers and other childcare professionals
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- Good observation and organisational skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support
- A reasonable level of IT skills would be an advantage
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy (minimum level 1 Functional Skills, GCSE Maths and English grades D-F or equivalent). If you have GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths grades A-C you will be able to start on the advanced apprenticeship immediately
- An introductory level in Child Development, Health and Social Care or similar entry level qualification is an advantage but not
You will have the following personal qualities
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- Demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
- Demonstrate you have sustained interest in a hobby or activity or been involved in voluntary work
To find out more information. Our website has all the answers, including our video that gives you a little window into our world www.fennies.com
Fennies follows a Safer Recruitment and Selection Process. Following a telephone interview, face to face interview and working practical trial, you will be expected to pass the referencing stage and pass a full / enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to employment. Fennies will pay for this, however employment will not begin until you have been given clearance.
Fennies Day Nurseries Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We value the skills and perspectives that a diverse and representative workforce bring to us and recognise that this will enable us to meet our objectives.
Fennies Day Nurseries Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow a safer recruitment policy for all positions and successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.