Nursery Manager – Writtle, Chelmsford.
Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group is a leading provider of full day care for children aged 0 to 5 years, with 36 Nursery settings across Central, Eastern and Southern England.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and talented Nursery Manager to take the helm at our Outstanding Writtle Nursery near Chelmsford.
The Nursery is a large, purpose built facility on the grounds of Writtle College and benefits from an amazing forest school provision.
As Nursery Manager you will lead all aspects of both the qualitative and commercial operation of the Nursery.
As a Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group Manager you will benefit from amazing salaries, benefits and ongoing career development.
What is the purpose of the job?
The role of the Nursery Manager is to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery, to effectively manage the day-to day running of the nursery and to deliver the highest standards of care and education.
What do you have to achieve?
- High standards of care and education
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Staff who feel supported in their roles
- Targets for revenue and costs
Childcare and Education
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Ensure that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Support pre-school staff in delivering the Foundation Stage; ensure that provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the local EYDCP in relation to nursery education grant funding for three and four-year-olds.
- Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Create and maintain a culture of self evaluation and reflective practise throughout the nursery.
Health and Safety
- Manage the day-to-day operation in order to ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents and carers, the team and any visitors to the nursery.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff receive Health and Safety training.
- Manage staff costs with regard to budget projections.
- Maintain accurate records and accounts for the nursery and produce management information as required.
- Control costs in line with agreed budgets.
- Understand and utilise management systems and information to maximise commercial benefits.
- Facilitate inspections by regulatory bodies and implement any recommendations.
- Agree and deliver occupancy targets.
- Ensure accurate reporting in respect of occupancy, quality and standards.
- Recruit, induct, support, train and appraise all staff to ensure delivery of high quality childcare practice.
- Develop a well-qualified and experienced team able to meet and exceed all relevant standards.
- Identify training needs; develop training plans and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources in disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with staff
Marketing & Customer Care
- Proactively represent the Company and advance its interests in the local community.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Ensure that all staff develop and maintain friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all complaints and concerns are actively resolved in a timely manner and that these are reported to the Regional Manager.
- Responsible for all administrative duties associated with the nursery, such as maintaining children’s records, ordering equipment, maintaining inventories and keeping personnel records.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s polices on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly