Nursery Manager - Milton Park Day Nursery - Abingdon
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Nursery Manager to join our reputable Milton Park Nursery located on the Milton Business and Science Park, off the A34. The nursery was purpose built in 2000 and offers 10 individual rooms and an outdoor play area.
As Nursery Manager you would be required to work 40hrs per week Monday-Friday.
Our Nursery is part of Bright Horizons Family Solutions. We have over 300 Nurseries in the UK and Ireland and we take pride in providing the highest quality of care to our children and families.
As a Nursery Manager working for us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place of work! We offer an extensive benefits package, which includes:
- Induction programme including a 2 day off site "I am a Leader" training
- Succession planning and excellent career opportunities
- Access to 18 training courses including Child protection
- High street discounts
In order to be considered for the role of Nursery Manager, you will need:
- A passionate and positive attitude
- To role model behaviours including a strong ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven success as a Nursery Manager
- A full and relevant child care qualification
- Experience managing financial budgets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong parent partnerships
Your role as Nursery Manager will include:
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- Managing the smooth running of the nursery
- Leading the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery
- Office based duties including finances, budget control, parent enquiries, marketing and recruitment
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.