Room Coordinator - Level 3 or above
Plan age appropriate activities and experiences for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Work as part of a key worker team. Implement the daily routines within the base rooms.
Ensure high standards in all areas of care and Education for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Support and supervise Nursery Practitioners, Nursery Assistants, Students and Volunteers.
Reporting to Deputy/Nursery Manager
1.Formulate & operate a programme of activities and experiences for children within your room.
2.To work as part of a key worker team.
3.To implement and oversee the daily routine within the base rooms.
4.To ensure a high standard of care and education for all children in your room
5.To support and supervise your colleagues, students, and volunteers in your room and offer guidance when necessary.
6.To induct new staff in your room to your paperwork, special dietary requirements, risk assessments. Train new members of staff in nappy changing procedures and bottle making procedures.
7.To be responsible for activities and routines for the children, ensuring all children take part in the curriculum and planning is appropriate for their next steps using children’s observations and interests as the basis for planning.
8. Ensure all observations and planning are up to date and relevant.
9.To ensure an easy transition from your room to the next room for each child, ensuring their files and all their information is passed on to new room staff members during the child’s settles. This will also involve coordinated in partnership with the child’s parents.
10. To ensure that all daily risk assessments and cleaning records are carried out and up to date.
11.To ensure your room is adequately stocked with daily essentials e.g. paper towels, toilet paper, antibacterial spray etc.
12. To ensure your room is adequately stocked with essential items for children e.g. nappies, wipes, cotton wool etc.
13. To ensure your room is adequately stocked with base room practice forms for example Accident Forms, Head Injury Form, request for Medication Forms, etc.
14.To ensure your room is adequately stocked with art equipment for the children e.g. paper, paints etc. and that these are available to the children on a daily basis.
15.To interact with children at meal times encouraging appropriate behaviour, social skills and hygiene routines lead by example.
16.To ensure displays are varied frequently, that they are relevant, interesting, and at the appropriate height for the children.
17.Undertake certain domestic duties within the nursery e.g. laundry duties and ensure all staff in your room are also taking their turns.
18. To adhere to the nurseries outing policy and to assist during room outings and trips with children ensuring extra responsibility for the children’s safety on such occasions.
19. To attend and participate during regular parent’s evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours.
20. To arrange with staff in your room regular room meetings both formal and informal, either during working hours or after work.
21. To undertake any further tasks as requested by the management team in order to continue with the high quality of care and safety within the nursery and your room in particular.
22. To lead by example and act as a role model to staff, students and volunteers in your room.
23. At all times to abide by the Early Years Foundation Stage principles as laid down by Ofsted.
24. To implement anti discriminatory practices, manage children’s behaviour within the Nursery’s policy and guidelines, abide by the Nursery’s equal opportunities policy and work in close partnership with parents at all times.
25. To abide by the nursery’s health and safety policy by taking all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all who use your room and the nursery as a whole.
26. To adhere to the nursery’s safeguarding policy and procedure and take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all children, staff and service users.
27. Support staff and engage in a good staff team.Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
28. To ensure all staff are aware of and follow company policies and procedures.