Nursery Practitioner - Level 3
Summary of Position:
- To plan age appropriate activities and experiences for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
- To work as part of a key worker team. To implement the daily routines within the base rooms.
- To ensure a high standard in all areas of care and Education for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
- To support Nursery Assistants, students and volunteers.
- To prepare and carry out children’s records and assessments and to formulate and operate the daily/weekly planning of age appropriate activities and experiences.
- To implement anti discriminatory practices, manage children’sbehaviourwithin the Nurseries policy and guidelines, abide by the Nurseries equal opportunities policy and work in close partnership with parents at all times.
- To abide by the companies health and safety policy by taking all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all who use the premises.
- To adhere to the companies safeguarding policy and procedure.
- To maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children or parents.
- To follow the nurseries early year’sguidelines as laid down by the OFSTED and the Early Years Foundation Stage and to plan age appropriate activities.
- To interact with children at meal times encouraging appropriate behaviour, social skills and hygiene routines.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within nursery i.e. preparation of food, equipment, general cleaning and laundry duties.
- To adhere to the nurseries outing policy and to assist during outings and trips with children ensuring extra responsibility for the children’s safety on such occasion.
- To attend and participate during regular parent’s evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours.
- To undertake additional training as necessary, attend and participate in personal development programmes, supervisions and appraisals.
- Work alongside the management staff team, undertaking reasonable tasks, where necessary for the continuation of high quality care and safety within the nursery.
- To remain flexible with regard to cover within the nursery, especially during busy periods, and contribute as a team member.
- To lead by example and act as a role model to nursery assistants, students and volunteers and support their individual training requirements.
- At all times abide by the welfare requirements and Early Years Foundation as laid down by Ofsted.
Apply for Nursery Practitioner - Level 3
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly