Position: Nursery Teacher (Pre-School room)
Location: Lee, SE12
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent – (Please note this is not Term Time)
Salary: Negotiable – Highly Competitive
Little Elms DayCare Nurseries are seeking an Experienced or Newly Qualified Nursery Teacher to join our lovely Lee Nursery.
We opened our Lee Nursery in 2010, Little Elms Lee is housed in a sympathetically renovated Victorian building in Handen Road. With an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’. We now also have a purpose-built preschool room adjacent to the main building, which opened in Spring 2016. Little Elms Lee now offers 77 places.
The baby room (3 months to 2 years) is located on the first floor, the toddler area (2-3 years) is located on the ground floor and the Pre-School department (3-5 years) occupies the building next door. Equipped with excellent resources for a range of ages, the nursery has both carpeted areas for comfortable play and washable areas for messy activities. As well as spacious gardens both back and front – including a secure summer house for outside activities and a soft play area – Little Elms Lee makes maximum use of its proximity to the local park through frequent trips for outside play and learning.
You will be joining our Pre-School room, as the Nursery Teacher.
- Responsible for the development and daily management of the teaching practice at the nursery & pre-school
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Ensuring a high standard of quality, safe, interesting and stimulating environment for children within group rooms
- Key person for a designated group of children in addition to have an overall duty of care to all children within the nursery
- To complete all required planning and record keeping in line with our policies and procedures and ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development progress and attainments of the children to the Manager and Assistant Manager
The ideal Nursery Teacher candidate will have:
- A full and relevant Early Years Teaching qualification e.g. EYT or QTS with Early Years
- Experience teaching within a private day nursery
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of working as a Nursery Nurse
- Ability to use initiative
- A passion for the Early Years
Benefits on offer for our new Nursery Teacher include:
- Salary: Highly Competitive
- Quarterly bonus – 4% of your salary every 3 months*
- Paid training and qualifications
- Excellent bonuses and incentives
- Childcare discount
- Fantastic Transport Links
- Free uniform is provided
- Staff social events
- Day off in the week!
* Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the Nursery Teacher opportunity available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available *
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references *
**Little Elms Daycare Nurseries are an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Little Elms Daycare Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake online safeguarding training and all positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).