Nursery Practitioners and Nursery Assistants
Nursery Practitioners and nursery assistants
Here at Kingfishers Day Nursery in Coulsdon we are looking for passionate Nursery Practitioners and Assistants to join our friendly, passionate and competent childcare team.
We offer a competitive rate of pay, flexible working hours, discounted childcare and 28 days holiday including bank holidays with opportunities for promotions within the company.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of EYFS, willing to learn, be self motivated, taking part in laying secure foundations through learning and development opportunities based on the needs and interests of the individual child.
To assist the Room Leader and team in providing high quality childcare and planned activities appropriate to the age and stage of development of the children. To maintain a safe, secure and caring environment.
- To assist the nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
- To ensure all daily routines are adhered to.
- To communicate with colleagues in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- To plan, organise and carry out planned activities, organising themes and projects.
- Support the Room Leader in supervising and monitoring students in training and Nursery Assistants if necessary.
- Lock up and unlock Nursery premises if required.
- To settle in new children and provide on-going support, under a key worker system, liaising with parents and maintaining good communications.
- To maintain children’s records and carry out assessments.
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room.
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary. Contribute to and participate in team meetings/team activities, outside of working hours if necessary.
- To respect confidentiality within the setting.
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the Settings Health and Safety rules.
- To carry out any ad hoc projects or duties as requested by your Room Leader, Deputy Manager or Manager.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to work within any childcare facility of King Fisher Day Nurseries.