RESPONSIBLE TO: Director
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic, forward thinking Nursery Manager for children aged 3 months to five years. The successful candidate will lead and develop and take the nursery forward to the next level. You must have proven previous experience of managing Ofsted regulated provision ideally with an Ofsted rating ‘Good’ within an Early Years provision or similar setting. You will be the ‘responsible person’ for the setting, and have overall responsibility to the implementation of the early years setting. The successful candidate will also have overall responsibility for recruitment of staff and work closely with external professionals in accordance with EYFS guidelines.
- A full relevant level 3 qualification a
- Early Years or Education University Degree
- A minimum of 3 years working in an early years setting, after gaining the level 3 and above
- 4 years supervisory or management experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Have child centered approach to the running of the service
- Work with the team to achieve good or better inspection outcomes
- Be highly visible to staff, assume responsibility, provide leadership and daily management
- Demonstrate and ensure good practice and compliance with the EYFS Framework
- Encourage and model appropriate behavior and expectations
- Ensure the maintenance and review of accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Lead, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Recruit induct, support and train all staff to ensure high quality childcare practice.
- Support staff retention and team building through effective communication and staff meetings
- Conduct supervisions and appraisals and appropriate individual meetings with staff
- Deal with any performance issues
- Contribute to the professional reputation of the nursery.
- ADMIN/ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Good understanding of the Ofsted framework
- Knowledge of child development and understanding issues around child development in order to support all children, including children with disabilities
- Clear understanding of current thinking and developments in Early Years policy and practice
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, particularly those applying to childcare
- A thorough understanding of child protection and how to apply safeguarding/child protection procedures
- Able to work in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Good understanding of financial management
- Knowledge of marketing and promotions
- Understanding of the importance of ensuring equality and diversity in a nursery setting
- Experience of managing staff and performance
To apply for this role please submit your CV below