We are working with a beautiful nursery in Wandsworth who are looking to recruit a talented cook/chef to join their catering team. This is a full time position working Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm. The successful candidate will be a skilful cook with an excellent knowledge and understanding of nutrition for the under-fives. The applicant will contribute to the maintenance of the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen environment.
- Preparation of weekly menu’s, liaising with the Nursery Manager.
- Catering for all children, inclusive of any special dietary requirements.
- Maintenance of adequate food supplies in appropriate storage conditions.
- Ordering of all food and maintaining monthly records for stocktaking purposes.
- Ensure that the kitchen is kept, clean, tidy and that all appropriate measures are taken to ensure the highest standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Preparation and baking of simple cakes and biscuits with older children.
- Encouraging a well-balanced and health diet.
In relation to qualifications, the successful applicant will have a Food Hygiene certificate at Level 2 or 3; any relevant qualifications in hospitality and catering would be beneficial. An enhanced DBS will be required in line with our Safeguarding Children Policy.
Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
** All internal staff at Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **
Please send Natalie your CV as soon as possible so that she can contact you to discuss this and opportunities available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available!