Willows Pre-school is looking for a passionate, dynamic and experienced Nursery Manager to lead an enthusiastic and creative team in the heart of Wimbledon. We are looking for a reflective manager who has experience of leading a team, with a strong educational background as well as someone who is able to build strong relationships with staff and parents.
1. To delegate and manage responsibility for drawing up long term, medium term and sessional curriculum, plans which take into account the requirements of the EYFS Guidance to the Foundation Stage and the Birth to Three Matters Framework; to monitor the effectiveness of the pre-school learning environment in Willows preschool.
2. To ensure that senior management effectively manage the pre-school's staff, volunteers and resources.
3. To facilitate senior staff in the provision of high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
4. To monitor the daily programme of pre-school activities and events ensuring they are of high quality.
5. To ensure that regularly check systems are in place of observation and record keeping so that children's progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
6. To support all staff to effectively & supervise staff on a daily basis; to be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching; to ensure staff appraisals take place and to identify in-service training needs.
7. To ensure all records are appropriately maintained, e.g. daily attendance register and accident records.
8. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
9. To liaise with the General Manager, management committees, or pre-school proprietor, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required.
10. To contribute to and to ensure all pre-school policies and procedures are implemented, especially those on safeguarding, equal opportunities, confidentiality, health & safety and risk assessment
11. To be accountable for the occupancy/capacity of the setting: to liaise with and conduct show arounds to prospective parents to the preschool, and to ensure the Show around and Waiting Lists are maintained.
12. To ensure the Deputy Principal is competent and briefed to step into any of these duties and responsibilities when the Principal is away from the setting for any reason.
Key Skills and Attributes
1. Personable and willingness to learn.
2. Sound understanding of the EYFS and particularly the Characteristics of Effective Learning.
3. Very good knowledge and understanding of observation and planning methods.
4. Ability to lead and manage a team
5. Excellent communicator with both parents and staff.
6. Ability to work to deadlines
7. University Degree EYTT OR (Qualified teacher status) and willing to continue with their ongoing professional development.
8. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
9. Commercial awareness
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders, which have been made against them or are pending.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK