Nursery Nurse/Early Years Practioner
We are looking for several level 3's or above Nursery Nurses for two of our branches of Brown Bears. One in Palmers Green, N22 and the other in Green Lanes, N8.
Purpose of Post
1 To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Setting;
2 To give support to other personnel within the Setting;
3 To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Work with Children;
- Team Work;
- Liaise with Parents/carers.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 6pm
Line Management Responsibilities
Supervision of Trainees/ Modern Apprenticeships and Nursery Assistants as required by Manager/Deputy Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1 Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff;
2 To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers;
3 Work with parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting;
4. Support all staff and engage in a good staff team; Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members; To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events; To be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.; Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled; Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it; Look upon the Setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children; Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting; To respect the confidentiality of information received;
5. To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker;
6. Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development;
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing;
- Washing and changing children as required;
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.
7. To ensure the Setting of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development; To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times. To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
Apply for Nursery Nurse/Early Years Practioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly