Nursery Chef (MAT)
Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment?
Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination?
If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
Nursery Chef (Maternity cover) required
We currently have a vacancy for a Nursery Chef to join us (dependent on the location of the nursery, the number of hours per week will vary), providing our children with balanced and nutritious meals.
35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
With a good hygiene qualification and previous experience of working in a kitchen, your passion for food and nutrition will be evident. You’ll have a good understanding of the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and dietary requirements, and you’ll be an organised person who follows health and safety procedures. With excellent time management and budgeting skills, you’ll be capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks at set times each day.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for serving meals and snacks to all the children in our Nursery. Working in a kitchen that’s rated 5* for hygiene, you’ll maintain our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen. In addition to cooking and serving meals you’ll be in charge of ordering food supplies within an agreed budget. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with the children, taking the lead in cookery based activities.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Preparing home-cooked meals for all the children daily.
- Following our menus.
- Ensuring a high level of hygiene.
- Observing cleanliness at all times.
- Maintaining standards in the kitchen.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- Experience of working in a kitchen.
- A level 2 qualification in basic food hygiene (essential).
- To be hard working.
- To be a team player.
- To be organised.
- Experience of managing allergies and intolerances.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
In return we provide:
- A competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Paid time off for dependents
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- 50% staff discount on childcare places and 25% discount for one family member too
- Bonus scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
Job Type: Contract