Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment?
Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination?
If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
Team Leader required
In order to maintain the smooth running of our nurseries, we are currently seeking people who are passionate about childcare to join our team in a Team Leader position.
You’re an able and enthusiastic leader, a people person who can communicate well with others at all levels, from employees to young children. With previous experience of leading a team, you’ll have an excellent understanding of all standards and requirements that our nursery needs to comply with, including the EYFS, Ofsted and Health and Safety.
About the role
As Team Leader, you will join the management team at Toad Hall, supporting the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Ensuring that the EYFS is implemented and followed throughout the team to an exemplary standard.
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management for the team and staff across the nursery as required.
- Being involved in the recruitment of staff, including but not limited to, shortlisting, interviewing and observing safer recruitment practices.
- Assisting in the effective use of social media and other marketing activities as required.
- Fulfilling the role of key person to an exemplary standard, providing a positive role model for team members.
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A full and relevant Early Years qualification – Level 3 or above.
- An excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework.
- Experience of people management and dealing with employee issues.
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation including equal opportunities legislation.
- To be fully trained in safeguarding and paediatric first aid.
In return we provide:
- A competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Paid time off for dependents
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- 50% staff discount on childcare places and 25% discount for one family member too! Bonus scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply for Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly