Nursery Manager In Award Winning Forest Nursery
Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation, recognised by the Queen for their innovation? We are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary early years learning experience to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead an exceptional nursery team in South West London.
Come and join an adventurous and progressive nursery where you'll get to climb trees, toast marshmallows on a campfire, build zip wires, and laugh, love and play in the fresh air all day long with amazing children.
As Nursery Manager, you’ll lead an experienced and accomplished team using your existing skills, experience and passion for child-led learning. You will follow children’s interests and scaffold their learning in extraordinary and enabling environments for play-based learning.
You'll love working with children, and although you'll be supernumerary, you will motivate, lead, role model to and inspire your team of practitioners and help them to grow as educators by spending half of your week in the forest playing with the children.
When you join our organisation, we will provide you with amazing support from our Back Office team. We want our managers to be inspiring leaders rather than pencil pushing paperwork operators so our Back Office team offer strong support by managing your HR, recruitment, invoicing, parent enquiries and as much paperwork as we can take off your shoulders. Your job is to passionately lead and inspire your team to continue to offer children wondrous daily experiences and give them the childhood they deserve.
We offer exceptional training and a highly experienced mentor to all our managers. As a growing organisation there will always be opportunities for career progression.
Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
Location: South West London
What we look for in our ideal leader:
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in forest schools or outdoor education (desirable)
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses their initiative
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
- Funded overseas development trips to learn more about styles of pedagogy – potential trips this year include Reggio Emilia, Sweden and Iceland
- The opportunity to work for a week a year in beautiful Tuscany
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry, such as Julie Fisher
- A fit, healthy, active job
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture. Applications will require a covering letter to be considered.
To learn more about what we do at Little Forest Folk, feel free to find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/littleforestfolk or try our website on www.littleforestfolk.com. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Privacy notice for job applicants can be found on our website here: http://www.littleforestfolk.com/careers/