Willows Pre-school are currently recruiting a Housekeeper to join our growing family of staff in Hammersmith. The new Housekeeper will take responsibility in maintaining the nursery and ensuring that the premises are tidy and clean at all times. They will be responsible for providing a tidy and accessible environment and will take care of the children’s hygiene needs i.e. changing nappies and ensuring that the toilet areas are maintained and clean. They will assist the chef in setting up for mealtimes.
Willows helps children develop the qualities and characteristics that go beyond academic success. Resilience, patience and lateral thinking are the skills needed to successfully achieve a happy, creative life and to prepare them for the school environment.
If you think you fit this criteria then we want to hear from you!
1. To provide safe, high standard cleanliness and care for pre-school children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to contribute and to implement pre-school policies, and keep written logs of your daily responsibilities.
2. To take responsibility in maintaining the nursery ensuring the premises is tidy and clean, involving light and deep cleaning duties, and documenting this with appropriate written records
3. To be responsible for providing a tidy and accessible resource classroom/area/storage cupboard(s).
4. To help and support in providing weekly/daily cleaning/nappy changing charts and other paperwork in junction to your role.
5. To assist staff in the sleeping room, reading a story to the children, helping them falling asleep calmly.
6. To take care of the children’s hygiene needs i.e. changing nappies, ensuring all children’s/ adult toilets are maintained and clean daily and encouraging all children to wash their hands after going to the toilet before breakfast/snack/lunch/supper times. To also ensure that all records are accurately maintained, e.g. daily toilet cleaning charts, weekly resource/toys cleaning charts and children nappy charts.
7. To support the lead person for child protection in the pre-school and to ensure that any child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately, reporting this to your manager/deputy manager or a senior member of staff in their absence.
8. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
9. To liaise with the management committee, or pre-school proprietor, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required.
10. To contribute to and to implement all pre-school policies and procedures, particularly those on safeguarding, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
11. To be able to work shift patterns as required by the needs of the company, including conducting duties before and after opening of the preschool, and possible weekends when there are no children on site.
12. To plan ahead and prepare orders for cleaning products and supplies before they run out
Key Skills and Attributes
1. Personable and willingness to learn.
2. Understanding of safeguarding responsibilities.
3. Friendly, adaptable and able to work as part of a team whilst also using initiative.
4. Excellent communicator with both children and staff.
6. Willing to continue with their ongoing professional development.
7. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
8. Background in childcare or cleaning.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders, which have been made against them or are pending.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK