Nursery Cook / Nursery Chef
Up to £12.00 phr depending on experience and qualifications approx. 35 hrs per week
9.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Fennies Nursery Group are looking for an experienced and proven Nursery Chef / Childcare Cook to lead the kitchen at their breath-taking new nursery in Wimbledon.
We provide nutritious and well-balanced meals to 30 children daily, this number will rise in the next 12 months to 100 children;
8.00 am Breakfast (Cereals, Toast)
10.00 am Snack (Fruit/Veg)
11.30 am Lunch (3 week rolling Menu of nutritional Hot Main Meals and Puddings),
3.30 pm Tea (3 week rolling Menu of nutritional cold and hot 'High Tea' meals, designed to keep children going before having their Main dinner at home)
Working with a Kitchen Assistant your duties will include;
- Take responsibility of preparing Snack, Lunch and Tea according to the set Menu
- Take responsibility for ordering all stock and ingredients.
- Take responsibility for observing all Environmental Health Regulations.
- Take responsibility for the overall successful running of the Nursery Kitchen.
You will need to have;
- Solid experience as a Chef or Cook, ideally from an education or care background.
- Up to Date Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Experience working to Environmental Health Standards.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Requirement.
- An Enhanced DBS check.
Fennies follows a Safer Recruitment and Selection Process. Following a telephone interview, face to face interview, and 2 hour kitchen work trial; you will be expected to pass the referencing stage and pass an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to employment. The Company will pay for this.
Employment will not begin until you have been given clearance.
Fennies Day Nurseries Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We value the skills and perspectives that a diverse and representative workforce bring to us and recognise that this will enable us to meet our objectives.
Apply for Nursery Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly