Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
- Contract Type
We have an exciting new role for an enthusiastic and dedicated Level 3 Nursery Practitioner within our Chalfont Nursery. This Nursery holds up to 75 children and is located on Chalfont High Street in a building filled with character. Experience working with and teaching young children is essential and excellent childcare skills are necessary to ensure the highest standard of childcare and learning is adhered to within our thriving nursery.
Benefits of working for Hungry Caterpillars:
A competitive salary package with annual performance related reviews
- FREE Hungry Caterpillars Uniform including a super warm fleece
- A personal development plan to help you reach your goals and targets
- Five, fully paid, in house training days each and every year
- Annual ‘Superstar Awards Day’ to celebrate individual and team achievements
- Full support for professional development from Level 2 to Degree
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression with Hungry Caterpillars
- Staff pension with a contribution from us going into your pot
- A Bupa Health care package including 1000’s of savings and discounts from all the major brands
- 50% off your childcare fees
- Organised team social events to strengthen working relationships
- Bonus scheme to recognise great attendance
- Having your Birthday off work, fully paid, to relax!
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is required as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’. Be flexible within your working practises and be constantly aware of the changing needs of the children and nursery.
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
- It is the nature of working in a nursery that tasks and responsibilities are on occasion unpredictable and varied, so to retain flexibility this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the Nursery Manager/Operations Manager.
Apply for Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly