Location: Banstead Prep School, Surrey
Salary: £9.69 per hour, Actual Annual Salary: £14,574, Full Time Equivalent: £18,904
Closing date: 20 December 2018
Start Date: Monday 7 January 2019
Banstead Preparatory School is a co-educational school in Banstead, Surrey with over 200 students. It is set on the outskirts of the village of Banstead with good transport links to London and areas in the South East of England.
Our mission is ‘The Best in Everyone’, reflecting our ambition to offer every child every opportunity to reach their full potential. From the very youngest children through to those preparing for secondary education, Banstead Prep School will provide the educational stimulus and environment for happy learning, and the pastoral support to meet every interest, need and background.
Building on the successes and track records of our predecessor schools, Banstead Prep School will be a key feeder school to the most successful secondary independent and grammar schools in the local area and further afield.
Qualifications: Level 3 childcare or equivalent
Days and hours of work: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm (Term Time Only)
Banstead Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks including satisfactory references and medical clearance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Nursery Practitioner to join our team on a permanent basis (term time only).
Applicants must: be able:
- To promote the philosophy of ‘learning through play’.
- To work within the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum framework.
- To plan prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- To participate in creating a child’s learning journey.
- To implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and other adults.
- To communicate with parents/carers about the day to day needs of the children by fostering parental involvement and encouraging positive parenting skills.
- To help children acquire self-help skills including dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene.
- To attend staff and department meetings as appropriate.
- To help ensure that the nursery meets safety and hygiene requirements and to report any issues to a senior member of staff.
- To be aware of and comply with the school to Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Procedures and other Nursery Policies.
- To keep up-to-date with the developments in childcare and parent education through regular training as appropriate.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- High degrees of self-confidence, personal energy and dynamism
- Personal warmth, good rapport with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Appropriate levels of personal presentation
- The ability to see the best in everything
- Team player
You must also have evidence of the right to work in the UK (i.e. Passport or working visa).
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and candidates may be interviewed before the closing date. The School reserves the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made so please apply without delay.
Banstead Preparatory School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For more information
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Faye Landreth, HR and Compliance Manager: 01737 363619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and covering letter via the form below. You will then be contacted regarding next steps.
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.