Nursery Room Leader (MAT)
Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment?
Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination?
If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
Room Leader (Maternity Cover)
We are currently seeking people who are passionate about childcare to join our team of staff as a Room Leader. Our staff are essential to the smooth running of our nurseries and are valued members of the team; you will build relationships with children and parents and be involved fully in nursery life.
About the role
The Room Leader is responsible for the day-to-day running of their room and supporting the management team in leading the setting to ensure that high quality childcare is provided to all. This role profile is not exhaustive and the Room Leader is expected to fulfil any duty as required for the effective running of the setting.
- You want a successful nursery group to invest in you.
- You want to work for a company who strive to make a difference in the children you care for.
- You want to be part of an innovative, creative and fun team.
Your day-to-day tasks would include:
- Working as part of a team and using your initiative and imagination to generate new ideas
- Using your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with parents, children and welcome visitors to the Nursery
- Looking after children of all ages
- Planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout supports these aims
- Having lots of fun!
You will need:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent
- A good understanding of the EYFS and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
- Awareness of planning, observing and record keeping for young children and the ability to link these to the individual child’s needs.
In return we provide:
- A competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Paid time off for dependents
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards
- 50% staff discount on childcare places and 25% discount for one family member too! Bonus scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.