Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse
Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse: North London N16 : 18k+ depending on qualifications and experience.
Minihome is a place to grow, learn and develop for every practitioner and every child.
Opened in 2003 it is a modern 60+ place private day nursery, with a staff team of 25+ working both full and part time.
This is a post for a Nursery Practitioner who loves 18 month to 3 year olds with all their passionate feelings. A physically busy group, it requires a calm yet energetic team worker who loves to work with this age group. You will be expected to manage behaviour positively.
You will be either working in our Toddler room or 2 year olds room.
In the Toddler room you would be working under the guidance of a Room Leader, with a group of 12 children, 4 other adults, the team is 5 adults in this room. The 2 year old room has a changing group form 12 up to 18 children with 5 to 6 staff.
You will become a Key Person if you have the right qualities to support children in a secure attachment with you, to communicate professionally and supportively with their parents and maintain accurate and well presented records of their child's development.
Children at minihome spend extensive periods of the day outside so you must be happy to be outside with them in all weathers.
Minihome supports staff training and development and enjoys team members who are able to share their knowledge and keen to bring new ideas to keep us fresh, interested and interesting.
The shift is 40 hours per week 9am to 6 pm currently. The nursery opens at 8am and closes at 6pm.
You must be committed to putting the needs of children first and have a clear understanding of your professional role in Safeguarding and Child Protection
Ideally you have experience working with under five year olds and this age group in particular plus experience of working in a team.
You must have a level 3 Child care qualification that meets OFSTED criteria, such as Early Years Educator or equivalent.
You should be able to speak, read and write sufficiently well in English to meet the needs of the children's learning, sharing information and record keeping.
We support equality of opportunity for children, parents and staff.
We aim high and support effort.
We are on a journey to embed knowledge and understanding of high quality child care practices and provision within our team, and to express this consistently in our work each day.
We are committed to safeguarding children and follow safe recruitment guidelines.
Key areas of the role of Nursery Practitioner /Nursery Nurse are:
- To work as part of a busy team to carry out activities and daily tasks indoors and outdoors in support of this large group of children.
- To be a Key worker for a group of children, focussing on individual needs, with warm, communicative relationships with children and parents.
- To give love, care and attention to all children in the group as they need it, to play alongside them and extend their learning in sensitive and supportive ways.
- To observe children, plan activities, plan the environment and provide spontaneous opportunities for learning. They will evaluate outcomes and assess progress and maintain written records.
- To ensure good house keeping, health and safety, organisation, planning for (and good care of) the environment.
- To attend all out of hours meetings or events as agreed.
We are looking for a Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse with a full and relevant Early Years Qualification at Level 3, with experience working as part of a team and of working with children under 5 years old.
Key attributes of the Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse include:
- Previous experience working with children under 5 years old.
- Previous experience working as part of a team.
- Proven ability to build warm relationships with children, parents and co-workers. Understanding the importance of close attachment relationships and enjoying tuning into the needs and interests of children is essential.
- Ability to confidently use their knowledge of child development to observe and plan for children as individuals and members of a group. Including ability to make written observations and maintain records. Also to have the ability to evaluate outcomes for children and to reflect on their own practice.
- Clear verbal and written communication and presentation skills. With ability to communicate thoughtfully with children, parents, co-workers and other professionals.
- Must be systematic, organized and tidy.
- Ability to take initiative as needed, and to be directed as needed.
Minihome is located in Hackney, at:
14 Allen Road,
Hours per week open to negotiation
40-45 hours per week
must be available between 8am and 6pm
1 hour unpaid lunch break
Minihome is open from 8am to 6pm during 51 weeks of the year.
28 days Holiday including Bank Holidays
Time in lieu for out of hours meetings and events.
3 staff training days per year plus other outside training opportunities.
Discount rate for yoga, pilates and treatments at our sister business yogahome
To apply for the Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse role please click the “Apply” button below.
Apply for Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly