Willows Pre-school Hammersmith is looking for a Keyperson. The new Key person will bring with them enthusiasm, passion and a profound understanding of how children learn. They will be responsible for a key group, guiding the children through the EYFS curriculum and be given opportunities to progress within the setting.
Willows helps children develop the qualities and characteristics that go beyond academic success. Resilience, patience and lateral thinking are the skills needed to successfully achieve a happy, creative life and to prepare them for the school environment.
Do you want to work in a small but growing company in a professional environment which provides fresh, organic staff meals daily and be offered ongoing, funded CPD opportunities? Willows’ staff accompany the children on monthly mini bus trips and they are given a generous uniform allowance to meet the uniform guidelines. Willows’ staff benefit from the family orientated atmosphere in the setting, working alongside educated, likeminded professionals. You will be given 3 hours of PPA time away from the children to complete observations and planning.
If you think you fit this criteria then we want to hear from you!
To provide safe, high quality education and care for pre-school children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis; to contribute to and to implement pre-school policies.
1. To take responsibility in supporting for drawing up curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the EYFS Guidance to the Foundation Stage; to monitor the effectiveness of the pre-school learning enabling environment.
2. To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
3. To draw up and to supervise the daily/weekly planning of pre-school activities and events.
4. To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record keeping so that children’s progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
5. To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register and accident records.
6. To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the pre-school and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
7. To support the lead person for child protection in the pre-school and to ensure that any child protection concerns are acted upon immediately and appropriately.
8. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
9. To liaise with the management committee, or pre-school proprietor, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required.
10. To contribute to and to implement all pre-school policies and procedures, especially those on safeguarding, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
11. To be the Key Person for a number of children.
Key Skills and Attributes
1. Personable and willingness to learn.
2. Understanding of the EYFS specifically the prime areas of learning.
3. Very good knowledge and understanding of observation and planning methods.
4. Friendly, adaptable and able to work as part of a team whilst also using initiative.
5. Excellent communicator with both parents and staff.
6. University Degree in Early Years or Education, EYTS, EYPS OR (Qualified teacher status) and willing to continue with their ongoing professional development.
7. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders, which have been made against them or are pending.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Apply for Keyperson
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly