Nursery Room Leader £1,000 Welcome Bonus
Bright Horizons Day Nurseries, awarded “Great Place to Work” for 13 years are currently recruiting for a Room Leader to join our Jack Straws Lane Day Nursery and Preschool in Oxford.
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
93 % of our employees agree that “When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride”
Your role as Room Leader will include;
• Overseeing the smooth running and high quality early years practice within the room
• Being a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families according to the EYFS
• Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
• Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
• Lead and inspire the team to work towards a common goal of sharing ideas and feedback to create consistency
• Be available and approachable to spend time role modelling and supporting staff teams to reflect on practise and improve the quality of care and education.
• Contributing to yearly performance appraisals, establishing training and development needs
• Work in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals
• Support and promote diversity and equality
• Demonstrate our HEART principles in everyday working life
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
• Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
• Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team.
• External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc.).
• Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development.
• Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
We offer a £1,000 (tax free) welcome bonus to those qualified to level 3 and above!
“5 out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!”
You may have experience of the following: Senior Nursery Nurse, Head of Unit, Senior Nursery Practitioner, Room Supervisor, Room Manager.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.